Work Permit or Immigration Visa?

by Muhammad
(Bradford, W Yorkshire)

I live in England and would like to move to Canada. What is the best way to be allowed to work in Canada?

A Work Permit allows an eligible visitor to reside and work in Canada for a limited period of time, and there are restrictions often placed on the type of employment which can be pursued. A Work Permit will not, by itself, lead to Canadian Permanent Resident status.

On the other hand, a Canada Immigration Visa entitles its holder to live and work anywhere in Canada, and to enjoy many of the privileges of Canadian Citizenship, including the right to apply to become a Canadian Citizen after 3 years of residence here, and the ability to then sponsor family members, for Canadian Permanent Resident status.

Here is a link to a site which has lots of useful information for those considering emigrating to Canada

Comments for Work Permit or Immigration Visa?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

by: Jamie L

I was looking for information about immigration to Canada and found what I wanted on the link on your site. Thanks.

I hope to be able to live in Canada one day, I think it is still a country with opportunities for people who move there.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to FAQ page.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.