This is a special section of my website focusing on Jewellery that we have for sale, although this site is normally about the area of beautiful Southern Ontario where we live, however, we recently purchased a job-lot of rings, bracelets & necklaces in last years styles.
If you didn't know, the mark-up on retail jewellery is enormous!
Last year I saw a ring I liked in a store at the mall (I won't say which one) and when I asked about the price, I was told that it was $399.00 - which wasn't bad.
I never buy anything without trying to negotiate, so I said that was more than I could afford, so the salesman said he could reduce it by $100.00!
Just like that, he reduced the price by 25%!
When I told him that it was still more than I wanted to pay, he said that he would include the 15% taxes in that price.
So think about that - without even trying the price was reduced by around 33% - just because I asked!
This got me thinking, if a retail store could make a reduction in price on that ring, just like that, what exactly do they really pay for them?
That started me on my quest to buy jewels at low prices - mainly these are last years styles (I don't care, do you?) - they are good quality and I can sell them for about one third of their usual retail price!
The savings are enormous!
Take a look at the quality and styles of the items below, any of these lovely rings and exquisite necklaces and bracelets would make a beautiful gift for your Mother, wife or girlfriend, for Christmas or Valentine's Day, or for your Grand-daughter for a Graduation gift - they would never know what a great deal you got!
1. This solid 10k yellow gold ring has one 1.20 Red oval Garnet as the centre stone, and two small accent diamonds, size 7.25. The Garnet is a durable brilliant gemstone and legend tells us that it was adored by the ancient Egyptian Goddess Isis, and symbolizes faith, truth and friendship. Retail value of $589.00.
Our price $180.00 SOLD!
2. This outstanding piece of jewellery is truly spectacular - made of solid 10k gold with one 6.25 carat Blue Topaz flanked by 2 White Topaz, this ring is size 7 and would be a wonderful gift for the love of your life! Retail value is $469.00
Our price $160.00 SOLD!
3. This is a breathtaking ring with 5 rectangular Amethysts set in solid 10k gold. this ring is size 7, and comes with an Appraisal Certificate of value for the full retail value of $849.00. The Amethyst is the birthstone for those born in February.
Our price $350.00
4. This charming, dainty ring is made of solid White Gold and has one 1.15 ctw created Sapphire and 2 smaller sapphires, this ring is size 6.5 and has a regular Retail cost of $289.00. Known for their brilliance, durability and beautiful colour, sapphires are a symbol of Faith and Goodness and are the birthstone for September.
Our price $95.00 SOLD!
5. Attractive Ring With 1.0 genuine Emeralds in Solid Yellow Gold - Size 7. One of the most prized of all gemstones, Emeralds have a rich spring green colour which symbolizes growth and fertility. This classic ring has a retail value of $549.00
Our price $185.00
6. Marquise cut Emerald in a 10k yellow gold ring, 2 small accent diamonds. Size 7.5, retail value of this lovely piece of jewellery is $889.00 Canadian dollars. The emerald is the birthstone for the month of May.
Our price $250.00
7. This beautiful ring has a Retail value of $980.00 and is White Gold and has a 0.16 cwt Fancy Brown Diamond as the centre stone, and is flanked by 12 smaller diamonds. This ring is size 7.5
Our price $350.00
8. Peridots were treasured by the Ancient Egyptians and Cleopatra was known to have a large collection of them. Today they are the gemstone for those born in August. This pretty ring has a retail value of $369.00 and is available in size 7.5 and 7.25
Our price $120.00
9. This sparkling Topaz ring would be a beautiful gift - set in yellow gold with three perfectly matched Topazes totaling 2.10cwt oval stones, with 4 tiny accent diamonds, this ring is lovely and is available in size 7 and has a Retail value of $580.00
Our price $185.00
10. This lovely White Gold ring has one large blue Sapphire and 12 small Diamonds beside it, this ring is size 7 and has a retail value of $530.00
Our price $175.00
20. This lovely solid silver bracelet has 17 octagonal sky blue Topaz stones and has a lobster claw clasp. The beautiful Topaz is the birthstone for November and this lovely bracelet would be a wonderful gift! The usual retail value of this bracelet is $429.00.
Our price $140.00
21. This pretty solid silver bracelet is 8" long and is adorned with 9 Rubies and closes with a lobster claw clasp. The Rubies have a total weight of 11.27 ctw and this item has a Retail value of $399.00. Rubies are prized because of their durability, rarity and beauty and they are the birthstone for those born in July.
Our price $130.00 SOLD!
22. This exquisite 8" silver bracelet has 9 pretty hearts, each with one oval emerald, for a total gemstone weight of 2.85. This bracelet is a beautiful piece of jewellery and has a usual Retail cost of $639.00. There are two of these bracelets available.
Our price $213.00
23. This gorgeous gold bracelet has 7 Amethysts, totaling 1.40 ctw, and is 7.5 inches long. The Retail value of this dainty bracelet is $679.00
Our price $225.00
31. High Quality Circle Necklace With 1.76ctw Genuine Topazes, made in Solid White Gold, length 18 inches Retail value of this beautiful piece of jewellery is $479.00
Our price $150.00 SOLD!
32. This exquisite silver necklace is 18" long and has one 3.61 cwt Topaz and also has 18 Sky-Blue and White Topaz accent stones. Topaz are popular precious stones and symbolize strength and intelligence, Topaz is the birthstone for those born in the month of November. Regular Retail price $299.00
Our price $75.00
33. Nine Genuine oval Garnets make this jewellery at its finest, this is a very eye-catching necklace - made of solid Sterling Silver and 18" long, with a weight of 9.4 grams, this gorgeous necklace has a retail value of $289.00.
Our price $95.00
34. This beautiful piece of jewellery has an 18" chain, with a 2.75 ctw pendant of soft-green Amethyst, surrounded by 8 diamonds to make this a lovely gift for anyone on your list! Retail value of this piece of jewellery is $690.00. The lovely Amethyst is the birthstone for February.
Our price $220.00 SOLD!
35. Sapphires exist in many different colours, these are clear Spring-green and this 16" necklace has a total of 3.10 ctw green Sapphires and seven small White Sapphires. This necklace matches item 19 below. The Retail cost of this item in a store would be $960.00.
Because we made an amazing deal on this item our price is $300.00
JANUARY Garnet / Emerald
FEBRUARY Amethyst / Bloodstone
MARCH Aquamarine / Jade
APRIL Diamond / Opal
MAY Emerald / Sapphire
JUNE Pearl / Moonstone
JULY Ruby / Ruby
AUGUST Peridot / Diamond
SEPTEMBER Sapphire / Agate
OCTOBER Opal / Tourmaline
NOVEMBER Yellow Topaz / Citrine
DECEMBER Blue Topaz & Turquoise / Tanzanite
Jewellery Information - Gemstones & Birthstones
I found this site really interesting for its comprehensive list of gemstones and birthstones, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
The Mineral & Gemstone Kingdom
A complete guide to rocks, minerals and gemstones - everything you have always wanted to know about gems!
Jun 26, 19 03:00 PM
Located near Rockton, Ontario, the African Lion Safari has always been an annual excursion for our family, especially when we have visitors from Europe staying with us. The African Lion Safari park is…
Jun 26, 19 07:00 AM
Pittock Conservation Area, located near Woodstock, Ontario, is administered by the Upper Thames River Conservation Authority and has 820 hectares of land, and around 70,000 people enjoy visiting there…
Jun 25, 19 03:15 PM
The Short-eared Owl is a medium-sized bird, secretive by nature and as such, difficult to observe. They belong to the genus "Aseo" or "Eared Owls", although the ear tufts may or may not be visible on…